Pages

29 October 2009

October 30 is National Candy Corn Day


No, really, it is.


Partly because Nayla started this with her previous alliteration, and partly because I just like the sound of the word, "twinning," (a nice combinating of turning and swimming, sort of uterine verbs), and I'm sure not in small part because the RE keeps quoting at me the new and fantastic success rates for single embryo implantation (with is at least one embryo too few, by my faithless standards), I've spent the morning reading this site, derived from this study

which posits that environmental factors might actually influence twinning rates.


No, by environmental factors, the study does not mean daily injections of gonadotropins.
I think this is an interesting reversal of those studies that use twins, who have the same genetic makeup, to measure the degree of influnces of an environmental factor.

And then in other news, my next internet search will involve the impact of vast amounts of Brach's mellowcremes on luteal cycle length. Corpus luteum is Latin for yellow body, which is accurate for cows, but not for human women, in whom the corpus luteum is actually orange.



No comments:

Post a Comment