Pages

14 November 2009

IVF: The Musical

I'm not kidding, IVF: The Musical is in progress. This is what my doctor told me today as I was sitting in his office wearing a sweater and a square of paper. He has commissioned two local artists to write a Broadway musical about IVF. We spoke at length about artists and what motivates them and why it might possibly be taking them more than 18 months to complete the muscial when they are being paid by the month.

While 90% of today's conversation was about said musical, I did get some information about my IVF protocol. My estradiol level, which, when someone is not doing IVF, should be 34-400 at mid-cycle peak, is over 3000. The doctor seemed to think this is good news. It may also explain why I feel like I am carrying a carton of chicken-eggs on each ovary. We are still on schedule for a Wednesday retrieval and a Saturday embryo transfer.

As of today, the needle count is as follows:
22 Lupron shots
4 blood draws
8 Repronex shots
7 Follistim shots
36 acupuncture needles (in three visits)

Total to date: 77 Needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment