Pages

01 August 2010

Another Reason to Move to Chicago

For the past few days, I've continued on the doses of 75 Gonal-F, one ampule of menopur, and 5 units of lupron, along with dexamethasone, folgard and prenatal vitamin. I am starting to feel nauseated and uncomfortable. The good news is that when the nurse called this afternoon, she said I did not have to give myself any stimulation shots tonight or tomorrow morning.

This morning, when I went in for my ultrasound, there was a new tech, and she gave me the option of guiding the transvaginal wand myself. Now, if you having done a few rounds of fertility treatments, as I have, you may be tired of having people poke things in your vagina. It is actually nice to be given the choice to do it yourself.

The tech told me that she can always tell the patients who have traveled from Chicago, because they always reach for the want themselves. Apparently, this is standard practice at a few major clinics in that fair city.

Tomorrow:
9 a.m. IVF physical
9:30 Ultrasound, bloodwork, and meet with nurse
10 massage (!)
11 genetic consult

1 comment:

  1. ahem!
    where/when was the first official reason to move to chicago? i can think of oh so many. not the least of which: ME. we midwesterners have always been a bit can do, but i didn't know that included transvaginal ultrasound wands. huh.

    ReplyDelete