Pages

19 August 2010

A Hypothetical FET

Sometime next week we will get the big news about our blastocysts. The doctor has not given us an appointment, so it could be anytime and anywhere: 9 a.m. at the kitchen table, 2 p.m. at the grocery store, or just before the first class I teach this semester. It could very well be the good or bad news that will make my birthday complete.

If there is one thing I have learned in the past two years, it is to prepare for the worst. That said, I have started the meds for the next possible Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET), and I have the schedule for the rest of the protocol.

I am going to share this protocol now, in case it is of use to someone else. If I don't have normal embryos, I suspect I will not be in the mood to type this up later.

So here it is:

August 18: begin birth control pills
August 30: start Lupron 10 units per day.
9/3 last birth control pill
9/6 new cycle begins
9/8 1 Vivelle patch
9/10 1 Vivelle patch
9/12 1 vivelle patch
9/14 1 vivelle patch
9/16 2 Vivelle patches
9/18 3 Vivelle patches
9/20 4 Vivelle patches
9/12 ultrasound
9/22 4 vivelle patches, endometrin 3 x day, stop lupron, tetracycline 4 x day, medrol at night
9/23 endometrin 3x day, tetracycline 4 xday, medrol at night
9/24 endometrin 3x day, 4 vivelle patches, tetracycline 4 x day, medrol at night
9/25 endometrin 3x day, tetracycline 4 x day, medrol at night, Travel to Denver
9/26 endometrin 3x day, 4 vivelle patches, tetracycline 4 x day
9/27 Embryo Transfer: endometrin 3x day
Strict Bed Rest 48 hours
Return home.

In addition, I will need to do electro acupuncture 2x week for 4 weeks and give up decaf coffee and chocolate.

DH calls it the Scorched Earth Protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment