Pages

04 August 2010

Triggers and Bonus Medications

Yesterday, at 5, I got the word that I would need to take a trigger shot that night.

The nurse confirmed that I was still hyperstimulated, and that my estradiol, at 6,774, was too high.

So last night, in addition to lupron, dexamethasone, and, and the intramuscular trigger shot, I also had to stick a pill called dostinex up my vagina. I will have to take this for 8 nights. (This is exactly what the nurse said, "Stick it up your vagina,")

Starting tomorrow, I will also have to inject myself with cetrotide.

If you are scared of having your loved ones give you intramuscular injections, note that you can pay an RN to drive to your home, or, in my case, your hotel room, where she will mix and provide the injection.

My retrieval is with Dr. Minjarez at 9 a.m. tomorrow.

If you happen to be reading this at 9 a.m. Mountain Time, send thoughts of quality embryos.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts of quality embryos being transmitted right now! Hang in there - if only I were there,your loved ones wouldn't have to poke you and you would only have to buy me a latte for my injection prowess. (although, truly, you are all probably as expereienced as me by now - if you need an IV start, though, I'm all over it!)

    C'mon happy embryos!!

    ReplyDelete