Pages

29 July 2010

A Cautionary Tale

I am sitting in my hotel room with my dog, waiting for my suitcase. They say that it will arrive by 12:30 a.m. so I am going to stay up until 12:30 a.m. to see if they are telling the truth.

The truth is that I made a mistake. I put my pills in checked baggage. It was a direct flight. How could they possibly lose my luggage if the luggage and I were on the same plane?

Well, apparently it is possible. Apparently one of two things happened.
Either
1) United lost my luggage in the Denver airport or
2)The flight had too much checked luggage and someone decided my suitcase was less important than someone else's.

When I called United this morning they told me I would have my luggage by 6, so I did not redorder my pills or buy new underwear. Then, at 6, after CCRM was closed, they said the suitcase would arrive my 10:30p.m. At 10:30 p.m., they said it would arrive by 12:30 a.m.

So now I wait.

In other news, this morning I went into CCRM for my bloodwork and ultrasound. The follicles are still growing: 10 on each side within a similar size. Dr. Surrey lowered my Gonal-F dose to 75 tonight, and my Menopur to 1 ampule tomorrow morning.

Things I miss from my suitcase:

Dexamethasone
Clean underwear
the sleepmask that lets me sleep past dawn
my daily disposible contact lenses

No comments:

Post a Comment