Pages

24 July 2010

High Anxiety

Earlier today, I was looking for some instructions on how to mix Menopur, when I stumbled on this preface to the requisite document:

At Ferring, we understand that having to mix and administer your own medication may seem overwhelming, and increased stress and anxiety levels can potentially hinder your treatment. We want to make it as easy and stress-free as possible.

In a survey among members of RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association, patients who were prescribed multiple injection methods (needle and syringe plus pen) experienced higher levels of anxiety when handling, preparing, and injecting their medications.

And in fact tonight, as I prepared for shots #2 and 3, I did feel stress and anxiety.

Shot #2 was 300 of Gonal-F. It's a pre-loaded pen, so it does not require any mixing. But I found it difficult to push the button that administers the medication, and once I did push it, the result was more painful, in a stinging way, than any of the other meds I am taking this cycle. I have a vague memory of repronex also being painful in this way.

Shot #3 was Lupron, down to 5 units.

So for the day:

a.m.

One Folgard pill

Two vials of Menopur, injected

p.m.

One Folgard pill

One prenatal vitamin

One baby aspirin

One dexamethasone

5 units Lupron, injected

300 Gonal-F, injected.

3 squares Green and Black Organic chocolate



No comments:

Post a Comment