Pages

14 July 2010

Lupron Left, Lupron Right

I started my shots of Lupron 8 days ago, and yes, I am cranky. I also have a headache. This is the third time I have been on this particular drug. The first time was during my second IVF cycle last fall. The second was just a month ago. That cycle was postponed, so I took an extra 11 day of Lupron for no reason. Good times.
Every night, I give myself the shot after icing my belly, and I record the event in my calendar. Sources say that you should alternate the side of the belly you inject every day. This isn't a huge deal with Lupron, because the site itself isn't very bothered by the liquid, but it becomes more important when you add in the other shots later in the cycle because they cause redness and irritation and large welts that span the valley of the oblique muscles. All I can say is, I don't know how anyone does this without an ice-pack.
For now, it's just a running line on the bottom of my day planner: Lupron Left, Lupron Right, Lupron L, Lupron R. And I wait for AF, so I can add more needles to my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment