Pages

04 July 2010

Nicest Rock Star Ever


Since we are still on a break from all shots and hormone-altering substances, my husband and I drove up to Portland to see his friend Rhett Miller who was doing a show with his band the Old 97s.

I've only met Rhett a handful of times before, and I had already concluded that he was the nicest rock star ever. What I wasn't expecting was that over dinner, the three of us would have a really frank conversation about all of the troubles my husband and I have had over the past year, and that Rhett would say all the right things about my father's battle with cancer and our fertility deal.

So, if you like alt-country, or if you just want to see a great show, check out the Old 97s tour schedule.

P.S. This is the first time I have had dinner with someone while other restaurant patrons are surreptitiously snapping photos of my dinner companion with their iphones. I asked for permission to take this one.

My husband is the one on the left.

Who would you say is the nicest rock star ever?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you both had a chance to hang out with Rhett Miller again. My sis and I were planning on going to see him and the Old 97's in Milwaukee at the Pabst - but now it looks like he's playing for free at Navy Pier. This is a sign we should see them in Chicago, right?

    Don't know who the nicest rock star is - mostly because I have met very few. It's always nice to know I can enjoy someone's music without worrying so much that he/she might be a d***. hee -hee. Thank you, Rhett Miller & Co.

    ReplyDelete