Pages

24 July 2010

Ready, Set, Go!


Yesterday I got the word that the cyst had disappeared and I was ready to move forward with this IVF cycle.

So this morning I started my first stimulation shot of IVF #3--Menopur.
I added a photo of the Menopur paraphernalia at right. You will notice three small vials in addition to the Menopur box and the two needles. Two of those are the Menopur powder, and one is the sterile diluent, which I think is just a fancy way of saying saline solution, which in turn is just a fancy way of saying salt water.
The Menopur comes in powder form and I have to add 1 ml of diluent to one vial, using a long needle, and wait for it to dissolve before sucking the mixture back and adding it to a second vial of powder. Then I suck that mixture back up, and unscrew the long needle and screw on a short needle. Then I ice my belly, wipe a spot down with alcohol, and inject.

It has been nine months since my last fresh IVF cycle, and once again, this morning, as I was mixing these powder and very nearly accidentally stabbing myself with the wrong needle, I remember why I am not a chemist.

Tonight, Gonal-F.

No comments:

Post a Comment